Sunday, May 15, 2011

A New Twist on an Old Classic!

(5 points if you caught the TGS reference in my title)

Some of you might remember my old-school post, Haikus Inspired by Exegesis Research, in which I sat down and wrote a research paper in 5 hours 2 days before it was due, while writing 1 Haiku per hour.  This method will now be replicated for my Enlightenment and Romantic literature paper that is due tomorrow at 10:15 a.m.  Although I have calculated that I can score a 79% on this paper and still get an A in the course, and although I am a senior and have absolutely nothing riding on this paper, I still want to leave a good final impression in my professor's mind of April Walker.  So.... herewego!!!

6:28 p.m. - 13/2,000 words
Though I'm a senior, 
I still have the same old flaw: 
Procrastination.

7:28 p.m. 609/2,000 words
Edmund Burke, again? 
Although I hate to admit: 
He's growing on me.

8:28 p.m. 962/2,000 words. 
Distractions galore! 
Visitors and movie nights.
Is a break in store?

9:43 p.m. 1,370/2,000 words. 
Lord of the Rings soon. 
Breaks are quite beneficial. 
Don't give me that look.

12:04 a.m. 1,368/2,000 words. 
Where did two words go? 
'Twas a good movie, also. 
Better company.

1:14 a.m.1,658/2,000 words
Roommate, stop talking. 
I told you I had homework. 
Roommate, stop talking.

2:16 a.m. 2,258/2,000 words

I'm finished, I think.
My conclusion is one page. 
Probably not good...

3:12 a.m. 2,474/2,000 words

I'm at that "ov'rly-tired
yet somehow still awake" phase.
mmrhrf frr done.

2 comments:

  1. Even Rhyming. Wow!
    I'm seething with jealousy.
    You're better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the film,
    and the company too, did
    not ruin paper. :-P

    ReplyDelete