Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Famous Last Words

Would anyone care to join me in flicking a few pebbles in the direction of whoever came up with the last words to the season finale of Glee? 

Let me set the stage for those of you who aren't Gleeks:
Rachel is the star of show choir with a huge voice and a huge heart.  Her and Finn have been back and forth for a while.  Glee Club took a school trip to New York for a national show choir competition.  Rachel is internally conflicted because she knows she has to choose between staying in Ohio with Finn (a country boy) and following her dreams in New York.  After having a Broadway Moment of Clarity in New York, she decides to follow her dream, her true love--singing. 

Shortly after, Finn kisses her. 

Still strong, Rachel says, "I'm leaving in a year, Finn.  After graduation.  I'm going to New York and not coming back."

Finn: "Well, graduation is a year away.  You doing anything until then?"

They smile, they kiss. 

Now wait one minute.  Let me rephrase that last scene for you.

"I'm leaving Finn.  I've decided to follow my dreams."

"Well, Rachel, That's a year away.  Let's avoid responsibility and decision making until then, and make our relationship even more screwy and hard to deal with in a year."

Uuuugh, Glee.  You've disappointed me, lately.

1 comment:

  1. Billy Collins reference.

    Glee has been disappointing me for awhile. I no longer watch it.

    ReplyDelete