Friday, December 10, 2010

Moving

I like to be on top of things. But the fact that the future is so ambiguous is frustrating this side of me.
I don't want to be one of those college graduates who hasn't even begun to LOOK for jobs by the time they graduate. But how can I look/apply for jobs when I don't even know where I'm going to be living? Should I apply everywhere in the world and see what happens?
How do I do this?

3 comments:

  1. No idea.


    Times likes this make me want to give up and be a trophy wife. But that's not even an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've been told, the option if choice is to "apply everywhere and see what happens." With the obvious limitations of course (I don't know if you'd wanna live in Russia for example...)

    This is probably going to sound obvious, but you have more options if you apply to more places. Especially since some areas may have more job opportunities for you.

    One way it could play out for you is:
    1) Apply to far away job (probably online)
    2) Travel whatever distance (or use Skype) for the interview
    3) Move there

    That's what one of my friends is doing right now. She's been spending a fair amount of weekends on the road due to it. I'm not sure if what I said is helpful enough, but let me know if you have more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie and Carol both give sound advice.

    ... Carol's is probably more practical.

    I guess I just apply everywhere and see how it goes! **sigh**

    ReplyDelete