What a perfectly obnoxious title to a blog post. But that's honestly how I've felt, today. It's been one of those super emotional days where you don't know whether to blame it on PMS, sleepiness, lack of food, medicine side effects, or all of the above. I'm going to go with all of the above, for the record.
This last weekend was super amazing, yet super boyfriend-filled. It was one of those weekends that definitely made you feel like That Couple. You know the one. The couple that always spends time together to the extent that you never see them around anymore, they lose contact with the rest of society, and you begin to wonder if they didn't just elope to Cancun until you see them dragging their sorry selves into bed at 3 a.m.
There's a certain romanticness to weekends like those, however. I always think of it as a story that I'll recount to friends years later. And then we went to the art gallery, followed by the library, followed by dinner downtown, where the happy Crepe lady told us that the Hollidazzle parade was to start in an hour, so we stayed in the city and froze to death watching the parade, and...
After spending so much time being a girlfriend this weekend, I forgot what it was like to live out regular life. Monday morning hit me like a brick wall (a very bland simile, I apologize). Back to the Real World, where there is homework, work, and finals just around the corner. It was completely overwhelming. Couple that with the fact that I just had an amazing, sleep-deprived weekend, coupled with the notion that I won't see said boyfriend for 6 weeks, starting mid-December through me into a half-day-long downward spiral of emotions. Couple all this with the fact that Nathan was sick today, coupled with the fact that we both have HUGE amounts of homework to do.... AH. This day was just.... AH! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH hahahaha...
This blog post isn't making any sense, is it?
Whew. It's just been one of those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment