Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Juxtaposition of Happiness

A couple days ago, I almost made a Facebook status that would run along the lines of "Reasons why April Walker is happy," which would have been a juxtaposition of different happenings throughout the week that would make every Facebook friend I had either gag or comment, "Oh!  I am so happy that you're happy!  We're all happy together!" depending on their mood.  Since I created this blog to encapsulate all my feelings that don't or shouldn't go out into the Facebook world, I figured this would make a better blog post than status update.  So, here you go: 

Reasons Why April Walker Has Been Unusually Happy, Lately.

1) Soccer is awesome.  Forget the fact that we haven't won a game yet (although we did tie last week, which was equally as exciting), soccer rocks.  I honestly wish I would have taken up the sport sooner in my life, because I feel like I would have been pretty good at it!  I have fairly good endurance from being a runner, and I have a natural competitive edge.  One of my team members (an awesome, mid-twenties black guy who is prone to swearing) said something along the lines of, "April, I thought you were all nice and shit, but you can be a real bitch on the field.  I've seen it."  (He later took back the remark, saying something like, "It was only funny because it wasn't true.")  True or false, I do have a game face.  Rawr. 

2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Part one.  Comes out.  This Thursday/Friday at midnight.  I bought my ticket just in the nick of time--they sold out a couple days later. I'm super excited for this movie, because, well, I'm a nerd.  And I've grown up with Harry Potter.  There's a certain relationship you build with characters you've known since you were nine.  I wonder what it will be like, next July, when it is All Over.  In case you were wondering, I'm going to (probably) dress up as Hermione.

2.5) Harry Potter means Carrie Carter.  As in, Carrie is coming up to the Cities for the premire.  I love Carrie Carter to death and am so glad that I get to see her again, soon. 

3) Okay, if you've known the Recent Events of April Walker's Life, you've probably been anticipating this one, so brace yourself and your gag reflex: I have a boyfriend.  For those of you who don't care, feel free to go directly to number four.  For those of you who do: read on.  (Sidebar: This is sort of weird to write, since I know my boyfriend is an avid reader of my blog.  But I'll do my best to write without a filter). It's been official for (are you ready for this?) almost 30 hours.  So far I haven't messed anything up!  He's a physics major, super smart, nerdy in a cute sort of way, and a brilliant piano player.  Everything about the relationship so far feels really....natural.  Really good.  But isn't that what they all say?  Maybe it is.  But I mean it!  We are very different people, which keeps things interesting, but we have similar core values, which is important.  

4) Repeat and Zelda.  Repeat is the equivilant of Rhianna + Pete.  Repeat.  Please applaude my cleverness.  Zelda is their new baby dog, who is a little six pound bundle of cuteness.  She loves to play and cuddle and rarely barks, which probably makes her the best dog ever.  And I love my quasi-weekly dates with Rhianna (and sometimes Peter).  We watch TV, do puzzles, and chat about girl things.  It's much needed and much loved.  I can almost always anticipate getting a memory-stick full of new music, too, which is always appreciated.  Rhi has great taste in music and loves influencing my iTunes. 

5) Where'd all this free time come from?  Well, let me rephrase that: Where'd all this time come from to actually get the things done that are needed to get done in a day? (Did that make sense?)  Ever since I quit one of my jobs (which was, quite literally ((and I do mean literally)) killing me), I've had time to actually do the necessary tasks a day as a student demands.  I'm actually studying.  And getting homework done.  Everything used to be done quite half-heartedly.  Now I can actually take the time to learn the material.  I have time to eat meals.  And go on runs.  And finish grad school applications.  And go to the store.  It's fantastic.

6) I'm 90% sure I'm getting an internship at the Minneapolis Public Library!  I don't want to talk this one up, because there's always the off-chance that my interview on the 23rd could go horribly wrong and the librarian lady will hate me or not like my dress or...!  Sigh.  I hope everything goes well. 

7) My writing has improved!  (I think).

Hmm... well, that's all the happiness I can think of, for now.  I'm sure there's more. 

1 comment:

  1. :D

    I am very excited to see YOU. and that you will dress up as Hermione. The idea of dressing up as Dobby might be funnier than the reality. Maybe we'll find out when Part II happens.

    ReplyDelete