Friday, November 26, 2010

The Future Freaks Me Out

This is one of those blog entries that is more like a diary entry to the world.

So, I'm graduating in three years. Most people get a degree in four, but I decided to be a super star and impress the world with my ability to cram as much knowledge into three years. It honestly hasn't been as hard as it sounds, and frankly I'm glad that I'm moving on with my life, at this point. The only thing is what to do next.

My vocational goals reside in the library science realm, which requires an ALA accredited degree. Meaning, grad school for two years--if I went full time. Which I'm not sure if I would or not. Because of money, work, and life, I would probably want to get some sort of a job at the same time as grad school, stretching my degree over a longer span, but probably making life quite a bit easier.

Besides being able to make grad school more affordable, I would like to get a job simply to get a taste of the "real world." I'm ready to get out of acadamia and take that "next step." I want to decorate a little apartment somewhere and cook on a real stove. I want to come home after a hard day of work and be able to relax in my living room--not having to share the space with 5 other people.

But, if I go right to work....

-Where do I work?
-What do I do? Do I work in a library, or just take whatever job I can get?
-Will my people I need for letters of recommendation still remember me?
-Will I ever make it back to grad school if I take this break?
-Will people be not as impressed with my decision? Will my family/friends/professors/boyfriend/roommates understand my reasoning?
-Could I keep a full time job and go to school part time, or would I die?
-Can't I just live on the coast of somewhere beautiful and write poetry?


I have a wonderful life. I'm just wonder which direction it will take next. 



I love Motion City Soundtrack.  Thank you, Rhianna.

No comments:

Post a Comment