I love to touch and be touched. If my generally composed demeanor didn't restrain my desires, I would greet every man and woman of general acquaintance with a hug and a kiss. There's nothing remotely sexual about it--faire la bise, if you will. Just a general greeting to show love. Needless to say, my love language is physical touch (along with gifts, but that's for another day). I didn't really realize this until I made note, a few weeks ago, of the corrolation between my close friends and back massages.
I think it started back in middle school--back in my acting days. Back when I would shamelessly take the stage in front of peers and teachers alike. Besides middle school being filled with a good amount of hefty sexual tension, it was also filled with "stress," as much as a twelve year old could understand that word to mean. So during our three-hour-long musical rehearsals, someone started the tradition of cuddle puddles and back massages. We were all thesbians and were naturally open with our bodies. It was a glorious stress relief.
From there evolved a tradition of back massages between me and whatever close friend I had. I honestly can't tell you if I was the initiator or my friend was, but it became a tradition that has followed me to college. From Carol in high school, massaging each other on Kevin's bed and trying to disreguard any hilariously-sexual moanings that occured, to random friends the past couple years in college, to Carrie, to (currently) my roommates Sam and Natalie, back massages and touch have followed me. Throughout all this I find myself asking--do I naturally attract physical people, or am I the only one who responds positively to the question, "Would you like a back massage?"
No comments:
Post a Comment