Sunday, October 17, 2010

July 13, 2013

July 13, 2013 is exactly 1001 days from right now.  The only reason I know this is because I was recently introduced to the Day Zero website.  It's a site where you can create a list of 101 things you want to do in the next 1001 days, or approximently 2.75 years.  The idea really appealed to my organizational, list-oriented side, so I created an account.  It was surprisingly a lot harder to create 101 long-term goals than I thought it would be!  I only came up with twenty, for now.  I'll keep updating the list, obviously, but for now here is what I have (in no particular order, other than how they came to mind):

1. Read the Lord of the Rings series

2. Leave North America

3. Go on a mission trip

4. Run a marathon (or half-marathon).

5. Buy a dog

6. Graduate College

7. Finish grad school (?)

8. Pull a Thoreau (if only for a week)

9. Watch all the Star Wars movies

10. Submit some writing for publishing

11. Hug Dan Ritchie

12. Learn to cook better

13. Reread all the Harry Potter books

14. Be able to speak Spanish effectively

15. Road trip with friends

16. Watch all of "Friends."

17. Take one of those art classes you've always thought about.

18. Compete in a triathlon

19. Pay off my student loans

20. Create/find/update my family tree.

(I was going to add 21. Come up with less-cliche sounding goals, but decided against it.  I'm proud of this list so far--even the items that sound unoriginal.  They are all things that I've wanted to do at some point, so even if they're cliche sounding, they're still unique to me in some way). 


1 comment: