Each week I usually make four meals, one dessert, and sometimes one snack. 99% of the time, one of the recipes is something I've never made before. (For those of you playing along at home, that's 52 new recipes a year!) Below you'll find my thoughts from last week's eats.
Meal: Curry
Skill Level: Easy
Rating: 7/10
On Mondays Nathan and I usually go grocery shopping, so the meal is simple. Usually something I've already made before. Tonight's simple dish was curry. I like to try and throw whatever leftovers I have from the week before into the curry pot, and am not too picky about what ends up in there. This week I threw in some carrots that were on their last legs, leftover mushrooms, snow peas, and green onion.
Trader Joe's sells a great curry sauce that we love, so after you've fried up the veggies, you throw the sauce on and cook it for a bit until everything is flavorful. Don't forget to start the rice cooker beforehand!
Skill Level: Easy
Rating: 7/10
I loveee this recipe. It's very easy, and very delicious. A little tomato, cheesy tortellini, and spinach creates a lovely simple little pasta dish. I usually use fresh tomatoes instead of canned, so if you have an extra minute or two, get out your chopping knife and enjoy some fresh produce.
Day: Wednesday
Meal: Tilapia with mango saladSkill Level: Easy
Rating: 9/10
This recipe is soo good but demands a pretty hefty trip to your produce department--the tilapia is covered in a beautiful salad of red onion, avocado, mango, jalapeno, and tomatoes. The most time-consuming part of this meal is all the chopping you'll do for the salad.
I served ours on a bed of spinach from the garden, but rice would work nicely, too.
Day: Thursday
Meal: Sweet Potato Pizza
Skill Level: Easy
Rating: 8/10
This recipe is a great twist if you're sick of your average tomato and basil pizza. The sweet potato serves as the "sauce" and is then topped with caramelized onions and crispy kale. I would recommend doubling everything--when I made this I felt like I was spreading the sweet potato pretty thin.
The Snack?
Avocado hummus.
Throw some chickpeas and avocado in a blender and proceed to dip everything in it.
The Dessert?
Nathan's mom's cut-out cookies. I'll post the recipe later. I'm pretty sure it's not a family secret--so I'll share. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment