I, April Walker, promise myself (April Walker) to not spend money on books until June 1, 2012.
(Exception Clause: Garage Sale purchases, where the book being purchased costs less than $1).
This self promise is being made for the following reasons:
1. I have more books to read than I will ever get through.
2. I am poor.
3. I always justify book purchases as my one "me thing" that I let myself buy without even thinking. Books have always been "my thing," so I don't feel bad about treating myself to them. However, my new thing is real life/wedding plans. It might seem like, "Oh, it's just a $5 book at Half Price books..." But, if I do that every month until June, that's $50. Which could buy some really kick-ass shoes.
Why June 1, 2012? We haven't set a date for the wedding, yet. But the other day, Nathan said something like, "I get done with grad school at the end of May. Do you think I am going to wait any longer than that to marry you?" :P
No comments:
Post a Comment