Sunday, July 17, 2011

Aye me, young love.

Carrie Carter once said, "I've been thinking. You are Maid Marian and Nathan is Robin Hood. Maybe I am NOT Lady Cluck. Maybe I am the little rabbit whose name I forget right now. I will follow you as you drive away in the carriage. "Nathan and April are going to have kids! SOMEONE has to watch out for them.'"

It was creepy cool when I found out that both Carrie and I's favorite childhood movie was Disney's Robin Hood.  It was doubly creepy cool when I found out that Nathan used to watch it every day, too!

I secretly used to be in love with Robin Hood.  Nathan secretly used to pretend to be Robin Hood.  He even had a little outfit.
"You know that part where they sneak the treasure out of the castle using the rope pulley?  I made one of those once..."

The other day, I watched Robin Hood all over again, and especially noted this part:


Long distance.  "He's been away so long.  What if he's forgotten all about me?"

And then there's that part where Marian says, "When?  When??"  And wise Car-I mean, Clucky says, "Patience my dear."

I believe these characters and this story fits us nicely.

Regardless of when or how we get married, whether it's a month from now or a year, should I make my first wedding purchase? ;)

Cake Topper.  $180.

1 comment:

  1. "He's so handsome. Just like his reward posters."

    ReplyDelete