Monday, July 18, 2011

Job Placement Confusion?

So I applied to be a cashier at the local Best Buy last week.  The one in Coon Rapids.  I got a call from Minnetonka asking if I was interested in an interview.  I was a little thrown off and just excited to get an interview so I said yes, a little confused as to how Coon Rapids = Minnetonka.  I didn't remember clicking a button like, "send my application everywhere!" 
I thought maybe that's just where the interview would be, but that wasn't the case.  I was asked back for a second interview at the Minnetonka location, with no indication that it was anywhere else but that store that I was applying for.
Now, I'm all about the 25 minute commute, but if I can save $$ on gas by working in Coon Rapids instead (like I had intended) that would be great!  It's just that:
1. Which store do I call?
2. What do I say?  "Um... I kind of want to work closer to home.  But if I can't that's cool... I just...er... I don't understand."
3. Would this make me the "problem applicant?"  I don't want to be "that applicant" that the employers don't want to deal with.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? 

1 comment:

  1. That is confusing. So you never selected various places you would be interested in? I have done that on applications for places like Caribou.

    ReplyDelete