As I sat down this morning to write of yesterdays adventures, little did I know that I would be writing for eight pages. I am not going to be typing all that out here, just some excerpts.
Experienced Japanese toilets. One button of the several had music notes on it. Sadly it only made the flushing sound.
I feel extremely calm here. I am much more comfortable walking the streets of Tokyo than Minneapolis even. Everything is clean and calm. Everyone owns bicycles and uses public transportation which is lovely. The city is designed for that--not much room for cars. Prof reasoner said that to buy a car in japan you must prove you have a place to park it.
About one third of everyone wears masks because they don't want to get sick.
I'm trying so hard to learn Japanese but literally as soon as someone says something to me I forget it. Instantly. I have taken to writing words phonetically in the back of my journal.
Ate at a traditional Japanese restaurant and went to a Buddhist zen temple. Was inspired by some flower pedals I saw on a grave. The pink was so out of place amongst the dead winter Around it, so my mind automatically assumed it was part of a worship act. Later I looked up and saw a flowered tree high above my head. I was inspired to write this bad haiku:
January buds.
Primrose pedals kissing graves,
Whispering mantras.
Please excuse all spelling errors as this is my first time typing something of length on an iPod touch. Getting used to it, though.
Love love love.
April
No comments:
Post a Comment