Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emerging Adulthood Teaser

Someday.... not today, and probably not for half a week at least....I am going to write this piece.  But for now life is too crazy. 

I'm SUPER excited about writing it, though.  It's about the culture of 20-somethings and a new life stage that some call, "Emerging Adulthood."  Here are the articles that I'll be referencing

The first one that kicked off my interest was a blog I stumbled upon called by this girl who is quite similar to me (SMALL LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGE, JUNIOR AGE, ENGLISH MAJOR, HARRY POTTER FAN, LOVES TO WRITE): 

 Why Being in Your 20's is Rough

That was last week.  Then an article caught my eye on the cover of the "New York Times Magazine" called:

What is it About 20-Somethings? 

which made reference to the research of Jeffrey Jensen Arnett's research: 

Emerging Adulthood 

I was going to examine all these things from a ThEoLoGiCaL perspective as well.  After making this decision yesterday, I log onto Facebook today and notice that MARK DRISCOLL WROTE A REVIEW IN RESPONSE TO THE EXACT NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE THAT I HAVE BEEN READING.  This made me super excited, but I hate to always reference Mark Driscoll ALL THE TIME.  It makes me feel obsessed and like I get all my information from one source.  But I'll have to expand my theological horizon some other time, 'cause this is good stuff: 

The World is Filled with Boys Who Can Shave.  

Well, there you have it!  I hope to continue reading up on this tonight and write the article some time at the end of this week.  But with school-craziness who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment