Sunday, December 9, 2012

Get them, my pretty flying pigs!

Me: "I really like the way people look at you when I tell them you haven't seen the Wizard of Oz.  It's like, you grew up under a rock...or they're angry at you for not trying at life...or something."

Nathan: "I feel like I've heard it referenced so many times that I pretty much know what it's about."

Me: "Oh really?  Tell me."

Nathan: "So there's this girl named Dorothy.  And she goes to visit her aunt, or something--it's in Kansas.  And then there's this storm and she gets taken to the Wizard of Oz's land.  I'm not sure what the place is called.  Anyway, she meets this witch that she thinks is nice until Dorothy's house lands on her sister, and then the witch is really upset, because she's the Wicked Witch of the West.  But everybody still think's she's nice because she pretends to be.

Anyway, so Dorothy needs to get home, so the witch tells her to go see the Wizard of Oz, and on the way she meets these dumb things like a tiger who needs, I mean a lion who needs courage, and a stormcrow.  Wait.  Scarecrow who needs a brain, and a tin man who wants to find love.

And then they all get to the wizard and find out he's a big fake.  And then they leave, disgusted, but then they're attacked by flying pigs and the witch who's still upset that they killed her sister, but then Dorothy--oh!  She was wearing red shoes--she clicks her heels together and says, "There's no place like home," and then wakes up because it was all just a dream."

Me: "But what happens to all the other characters like the witch and the scarecrow?"

Nathan: "Nothing really, because they don't matter--it was just a dream."



Nailed it. 

1 comment:

  1. "...and she gets taken to the Wizard of Oz's land. I'm not sure what the place is called."

    Oh my gosh.

    ReplyDelete