(An email I recently wrote to Walmart)
Dear Walmart,
3 months ago I got a new phone number. This number is 651.246.3247. Shortly after, I started getting phone calls from Walmart's pharmacy. I have never used Walmart pharmacy in my life, because I don't really live near any Walmarts. It's nothing personal.
The message I received from the pharmacy was automated, and told me that I could change my personal pharmacy settings if I didn't want to receive these messages anymore. Being a fairly tech-savvy individual, I followed the instructions and told the automated thingy that I didn't want to receive any more pharmacy notifications.
Three days later I received another pharmacy phone call. This was quite annoying, so this time, instead of telling the automated machine to take me to my personal settings, I told it to have me speak to a pharmacist.The pharmacy number it told me to call was 651-686-7431, which, as Google indicates, is the Walmart in Eagan, Minnesota.
I explained to the pharmacist who answered that I have never been a Walmart pharmacy customer, and that I keep getting unwanted phone calls. He asked for my name so he could look it up in the system.
"You don't understand," I said. "I won't be in your system. I have never shopped at a Walmart Pharmacy."
He then asked for my phone number, and assured that I would be removed from the system. I was glad!
For the next few weeks, however, I continued to get phone calls from the Walmart Pharmacy. About 2 per week. I tried to ignore them, and eventually ended up blocking the number from my phone. However, the number now goes directly to voicemail and leaves me unwanted voicemails. It's annoying enough when a person I love leaves a voicemail (who leaves voicemails these days? Seriously. Just text me) but when an annoying automated voice leaves me a voicemail, that's just a patience killer.
So I called the Eagan Walmart again. A very kind lady answered, and again assured me that I would be removed form the system. I trusted her! But, as Jeremiah once wrote, "Woe to him who trusts in man!" (17:5).
I kept getting pharmacy phone calls. I called the Eagan location, very frustrated, and practically yelled at the man who answered the phone, although I prefaced my anger by telling him that he shouldn't take it personally. He kindly recommended that I call 1-800-WALMART. Finally! I thought. Some answers!
I called and spoke to a nice gentleman who was very apologetic, even though I wasn't yelling anymore at this point. I try to mostly keep a cool head in customer service situations. It has to be a sucky job--I wouldn't want it. This gentleman told me that my number did not appear to be in their system, but they would work for the next 72 hours to try and solve the situation.
As approximately 336 hours have passed since that conversation, and as I am still receiving pharmacy voicemails, I'm assuming I am a lost cause, and that the name Walmart will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth. If anyone cares enough to help, do.
Hahaha. Only an English major would write a complaint like this.
ReplyDelete