Friday, September 24, 2010

I really needed a win, today.

After 20 paper conferences with sucky Freshmen, teaching 4 classes within about a week, and maintaining the rest of my life on top of it all, I really needed a win.  I was counting on the 15 minutes I would meet with my Creative Nonfiction professor to be encouraging and rejuvinating.  Not so. 
She didn't like my paper.
Didn't say one good thing about it.
So many critiques.

I mean, I'm not crying over it.  I need a good kick in the pants every once and a while.  And it's not as though I found this piece to be particularly amazing, but I still thought it was above average. 

And I understood what she was getting at in her critiques, so I'm not blinded like the mothers who can't see that their baby is ugly. 

I just, I don't know... I was looking forward to this.  I needed this.  So many late nights... so many stupid Freshman paper conferences.  Explaining semicolons.  Commas.  Conclusions.  Teaching.  Work.  School.  I honestly kept looking forward to this paper conference as a minimal ego boost. 

At least it's Friday.

2 comments:

  1. oh, sad. If you want, I'll read your paper and make brilliant compliments all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want, I'll send it to you! But I don't want you to say good things just to say good things; I want the truth. :)

    ReplyDelete