Friday, April 12, 2013

Famous.

I don't look at my stats page* very often.  My stats don't change much, unless I post a blog post on Facebook, which I only do when I'm feeling particularly witty or confident in my abilities to entertain.  I usually have about 30 views per blog post.

So it would make sense that I would be taken aback to find that one of my blog posts has 2,322 VIEWS.

Screenshot from stats page






You may recall my post from February titled, "The 5 Scenes in Les Mis You Can't Unsee."  I thought that was a particularly good post, so I put it on Facebook.  However, I also put it on Pinterest.  I mainly use Pinterest for finding recipes, but I was interested to see what else it was capable of.

 WOW.

This not-so-secretly makes me very happy.  It makes me want to blog more.  It makes me want to utilize social media more, and shove my views in other people's faces.  Maybe I can do it.  Maybe I can make money doing this writing stuff.  Maybe one day I'll be bold.  Maybe.






*For those of you not a part of the blogging community, Blogger has this page where you can see how many people view each of your posts, how they got to your site, what country they're from, what Internet browser they were using... it's kind of creepy but makes you feel cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment