1. A Fitness Ball!
This may seem kind of random, especially if you know that as far as working out goes, I am currently on the bottom of the totem pole. However, some other girls at work and I are thinking of sitting on these in lieu of a chair. Switching to standing desks, treadmill desks, and exercise ball chairs are kind of the hip, fit thang these days. Not only do they make you look like a weirdo, but they prevent all sorts of diseases that sitting people get!2. Stationary Cards
I send many, many letters every year to my friends all over the country. I like having a nice variety, but sometimes I run out or buy generic, unoriginal cards because I am cheap. Both of the websites below sell super-cute cards that I adore. Actually, anything from either of these websites would make awesome gifts!
http://outofprintclothing.com/
http://hammade.com/
3. Books! DUH!
One can never have too many socks. Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a pair, people will insist on giving me books -Dumbledore
I suppose this is something Dumbledore and I will have to agree to disagree on. I love getting books as Christmas presents! One year my mom got me the complete works of Walt Whitman and Robert Frost. Another year she got me, like, 12 Kurt Vonnegut books. Books are the best kind of present to get me! If you're afraid and unsure if I have a book already, chances are the copy I got was for 50 cents at a garage sale, so the copy you're planning on getting me is going to be way cooler. Getting me a book that means a lot to you will mean a lot to me, but if you're struggling to find me the perfect title, here are a couple that I'd definitely love:
Horoscopes for the Dead -Billy Collins
Tree of Codes -Jonathan Safran Foer
Anything by Madeleine L-Engle or Mary Oliver
Any companion or critique of Lewis or Tolkien
4. Opinions! Bumper StickerThe one bumper sticker I would enthusiastically put on my car. Plus, it's made by XKCD. And it's only $5. So if you like me, but not a whole lot, this would be a good choice!
It's amazing, but I honestly went through 2 bridal showers and a wedding without receiving a single pot or pan. The saucepans we are using are from Nathan's great-uncle's mobile home. I definitely am not a picky person, so there is no brand that I will turn down. What in particular is on my wish list? Saucepan, bigger saucepan, frying pan, bigger frying pan, frying pan that is kind of like a really flat sauce pan, and wok.
6. Literary T-Shirts
Anything will do, but I've been craving a Great Gatsby or LOTR shirt lately.
The one to the left can be found at outofprintclothing.com and the one to the right can be found at hobbitshop.com
Please do not buy me a shirt with words on it if the words to not pertain to literature. I despise 90% of shirts with words.


7. Tote Bags!
I love tote bags! I use them for all kinds of nonsense like grad school and groceries. But the ones I have are totally lame--a 99 cent one you can get at Target...a free one from UST... I would feel much cooler if my tote bag was stylish and chic. Or was hilarious or literary.
This Teen Girl Squad tote bag can be purchased at http://www.homestarrunnerstore.com/. Woohoo!
8. Blankets
I know this makes me sound like a poor person, but I kind of am a poor person. I recognized this fact when I found myself starring wistfully at super-soft throws at Target. Any color or style will do, but if you want to match my living room furniture, a gold or forest green would be tres cutee.
9. CDs!
I really like CDs because my car isn't talented enough to know what an Ipod is. CDs are one of those things that I never buy for myself, but when I do, it has to be, like a really big deal. In 2002 I bought a Kenny Chesney CD and Tim McGraw CD and that was like, all I listened to for a long time. In 2010, I bought a Beatles CD and Lady Gaga CD and that is still pretty much all I have to listen to in my car. I am not a huge connoisseur of music, but I will tell you this: I have wanted a Mumford and Sons CD for so long that a new Mumford and Sons CD has come out before I could gather the courage to buy the first one!
10. Rabbit Clothes
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to come across good rabbit clothes these days. Poor Milton spends most of his days running around naked or in his Halloween jumper. Milton would appreciate a more extensive wardrobe, but told me to include a few disclaimers:-He is a boy, and even though he doesn't agree to gender stereotypes, he would like to refrain from donning dresses and bows.
-He will not endorse any opinion or affiliation on clothing (political parties, negative feelings towards cats, business logos) except the Green Bay Packers.
-Something festive for the holiday season would be nice.
Milton typically wears a size "Small Dog."

I will buy you a LOTR t-shirt when you read through the full series. Watching the extended editions of the movies with me will be extra credit =P
ReplyDelete