Thursday, September 6, 2012

Preparing for What?

The March of Dimes foundation sent me a bunch of return address stickers which is AWESOME but also frustrating because I kind of wish they had sent me these back when I was handwriting wedding thank-you cards.

Anyway.

They gave me about a hundred thousand of these, and they have 1990s harvest pictures like cartoon leaves and clip-art scarecrows and eggplant(?) on them.

Anyway.

Since I have a million of these, I decided to keep some at work and some at home, since I send personal letters from both places.  The only problem with this is that every time I open my top desk drawer, I have the phrase, "PREPARING FOR PREGNANCY CHECKLIST" staring up at me, and I get super nervous and wonder why on God's green earth I have a pregnancy checklist in my desk drawer, and then I remember it is the March of Dime's literature on the back of their free sticker labels.  And then I get nervous that I will accidentally open said desk drawer when coworkers are around and it will arouse unwanted questions.

"Oh, I see you are planning for pregnancy." They would say.

"If by 'planning' you mean thinking vaguely about it being a possibility 6-10 years from now, then, yes.  Did you know that you should take about 400 micrograms of folic acid every day to prepare for pregnancy, even if you're not planning on getting pregnant soon?  I am SO on top of preventing birth defects."

Good story, right?

Also, if you wanted to know, I mailed the March of Dimes back the dime they sent me, plus one from my own pocket.  Even though their total profit of my donation is less than the cost of the stamp it took to mail it, I figured it would be a nice way to thank the nice Dime people for my return labels and hypothetical awkward coworker conversations.

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with your birth defects prevention. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete