I think I was a freshman. We were walking back to the high school from the track one day after practice. These were the days after Nate Sessions; sports bras; understanding what balls were.
"April May December, I don't think you've ever sworn."
Lucy B. The sex symbol of her grade. She drank alcohol, this much I knew. She did drugs, this much I didn't. Swears flowed flawlessly off her lips, so much as to make them sound casual. She flirted, she was gorgeous, she had foreign charm.
"Say fuck. Oh, shit, do I want to hear you say fuck."
She laughed. Only a couple girls were walking with us. I could really easily say fuck. I just didn't. If you were a Christian, you didn't say fuck; this much I knew.
"I think it would be hilarious. Oh please let me hear you say it. It would make my day."
She laughed some more. Nobody from my grade was around. There were only a few of us. Everybody else was smirking.
"...fuck?"
She burst out laughing. She grabbed my shoulders and leaned over in pain, laughing, laughing. Our skin touched and her sweat smeared onto me. Her hair stuck to my arms but she was still beautiful. I laughed, nervously. I made her laugh, I thought, but what was so damn funny?
No comments:
Post a Comment